The next generation in device programmers is here. The EMP-21 is the world's first universal device programmer that uses both USB and the Parallel Port. With a starting base of over 4000 devices supported and Windows based software this programmer is a great renovation of the EMP-20. While utilizing the USB port will increase transfer times, the choice whether to connect to your PC via either USB or by the Parallel Port, is completely up to you. Needham's all new "automated one touch" system allows you to blank check, erase, program, verify or any combination of these functions with the ease of pushing a button.The low profile, lightweight design of the EMP-21 makes it ideal for any desktop or briefcase, proving useful for programming devices in the field. Plus the comparatively inexpensive cost of the EMP-21 lends well to a wide variety of budgets and with the absence of a fan or power switch, wear and tear is almost nonexistent.
The EMP-21 uses the new USB I/O scheme, so transfer times are greatly improved.
Programming and verifying on a Pentium
|| Time (Seconds)|
| Intel 27C010
The EMP-21 is extremely portable, you can pack it up and take it with you anytime you wish. At only 10 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 1 1/4", with a 2" high power transformer, the EMP-21 fits into a briefcase or toolbox with ease. The programmer, parallel and usb cable, transformer, and Family Modules, together weigh in at less than five pounds!
- The EMP-21 carries a 1 year warranty on all parts and labor, and a 30 day money-back guarantee
- The EMP-21 is static-protected at the ZIF Socket, Family Module socket, parallel and usb port, and power connector. The static protection on the parallel port also protects the parallel port on the EMP-21 from the 12 volts of a serial port.
- It's case is made of tough .125" thick ABS plastic.
- There is almost nothing to wear out on the EMP-21; no fan, not even a power switch. The only moving part on the EMP-21 is the Family Module, and that only moves when you switch device family.
- A standard parallel port cable
- A standard usb cable
- An AC 110V transformer (a 220V transformer at additional cost is available upon request)
- All Family modules (201-220) are included with the EMP-21, in a small carrying wallet
The device list for more information.