Versatile pocket programmer
Galep-4 is a professional pocket sized programmer. It programs EPROMS, EEPROMS, FLASH EPROM, serial EEPROMS, Microcontroller, GALs and PALCEs ? up to 40 pins DIP without adapters or additional circuits.
Simple PC connection
Galep-4 connects directly to the parallel printer port of your PC or a laptop.
Apart from basic functions such as device selection, programming, verifying and erasing, the software allows simple modification of the special functions of the selected device.
The editor permits editing functions of the device contents, which can be loaded or stored as a file in a binary, Intel Hex, Motorola S or Jedec format.
Using COM files the Galep-4 can also be addressed from your own programs (e.g. via Visual Basic).
Free software updates
New devices are continuously being added. The latest software can be downloaded from the Internet. The software updates are free!
Before each action, the power supply and correct insertion of the device are automatically checked. This should prevent damage to either the programmer or the device.
Superior device drivers
The GALEP-4's singular flexibility is made possible by the special hardware. All 40 pins of the base unit are identical and offer three separately adjustable voltages up to 25 V, Ground, Clock, adjustable pull up/pull down resistance, as well as logic of input/outputs with bi-directional level shifting for Low Voltage devices.
The internal logic of the GALEP-4 is freely programmable using a highly integrated FPGA and optimally selected for each device. Thus all devices can be programmed with the optimum speed.
Rechargeable battery option
The Galep-4 can also be operated using six NiMH batteries (AAA/600mAh) (These are not supplied with the programmer).
We offer a wide range of adaptors and convertors for the various device packages. Plesae check with us if you have any questions.
Low volume device support
Low Voltage devices are supported down to 1.3 V.
- Computer cable
- Power pack (also used as battery charger)
- Software for Windows 95/98/ME/XP/NT/2000
- PC with Pentium processor
- 32 bit Windows operating system
8 and 16-Bit EPROM, EEPROM, Flash EPROM, various GAL and EPLD types as well as various Microcontrollers. Please check for specific devices in the current type list - which is constantly updated.
- Pocket format: only 80 x 115 x 33 mm!
- 8-bit and 16-bit EPROMs up to 8 MBit, normal and serial EEPROMs and Flash EPROMs programmed
- Programs GALs/PALCEs
- Also supports many microcontrollers: including Atmel AVR, PICmicro, 8x51
- Very fast parallel data transfer: e.g. 27C256 verify in 2 seconds and program in 8 seconds!
- Simple PC connection via the parallel printer port.
- Automatic Split/Shuffle function for 8, 16 and 32-Bit systems
- Supports Hex, Jedec and binary file formats
- Integrated Hex and Fusemap editor
- Software for Win95 to 2000 including XP
- Future proof: Frequent software updates!
- Unrestricted free software updates via the Internet.